I am honored to announce that the Free Thinking Bibliophile has been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you to Rebecca at Fake Flamenco for her nomination. And a very big thank you to my followers for your support and feedback as this blog has grown. When I started the blog in the summer of 2015, I had no idea it would become such a big part of my life. It has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made.
The Liebster Award helps good blogs get deserved attention so more followers discover them. Lieb is the German word for kind, nice, or good. If you are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, you can read more about it here.
Here’s an excerpt of my letter to Rebecca of Fake Flamenco:
I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you for the nomination. I proudly accept it with deep appreciation and happiness. Per your request, here are three facts about me:
- Besides blogging, I am also an IT Administrator and when I’m not blogging, building, fixing and maintaining servers and computers.
- I’m left handed
- I love to travel.
Here are my answers to the three questions that you have asked:
- Which book have you read more than twice? Frantz Fanon’s “The Wretched of the Earth”
- What is your favorite meal? Old-fashioned Dominican cuisine of rotisserie chicken with beans, rice and freshly fried tostones (plantains).
- Where in the world would you like to travel? Having seen some of the UK, the next place I would like to see is Scotland.
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
i Write in Books Excellent book review blog
Human Pages The Best of History, Literature, Art & Religion
Book Concious Blog that posts great book reviews
My three questions to nominees are:
- If you could meet any historical figure of your choice, who would it be?
- Which event in world history shocked you the most?
- What led you to create your blog?